7/16/2013

What is your personal theme song? Goal # 3 - 30 Goals Challenge for Educators by Shelly Terrell:

What´s your personal theme song?

This blog post is my humble reply to Goal # 3 for the Facebook Group "30 Goals Challenge for Educators", where I was kindly invited by the Great Shelly Terrell. 
To tell you the truth, I gave another answer to Shelly when she posted our theme songs on Spotify: "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw. It is not that I do not like the song anymore, I does have very meaningful lyrics for anybody´s life. However, I do have many theme songs, one for a different occasion or just to express how I feel: my favorite singer/writers among others are John Lennon, George Harrison and Eric Clapton.
As a Beatles´ fan and mainly a John Lennon follower (not very original, uh?), I love his songs "Nobody Told Me", "Gimme Some Truth",  and "Intuition". Really difficult to pick just one, but I tried to "extract" some of the most meaningful lyrics for me.

"Nobody Told Me":


"Everybody's talking and no one says a word
Everybody's making love and no one really cares...
...Always something happening and nothing going on
There's always something cooking and nothing in the pot...
Everybody's runnin' and no one makes a move...Everyone's a winner and nothing left to lose..."






"Gimme Some Truth":

I have always needed to be told the truth, we´ve been lied too many times

"I'm sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrites
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth "

"My intentions are good, I use my intuition

It takes me for a ride
But I never understood other people's superstitions
It seemed like suicide
As I play the game of life
I try to make it better each and every day
And when I struggle in the night
The magic of the music seems to light the way "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1QRPVlBP7Y









TO BE CONTINUED...