7/19/2013

My Personal Theme Songs REVISITED

As I said before, there is not just one theme song in my life: I love music, I cannot live without music, I cannot "breath" without music, and some lyrics are really inspirational to me when I am in front of my students, for they are some kind of lesson that comes to my mind almost every time I am teaching. The songs included in this second list, have always made me reflect and think deeply in what life means and how important it is to be alive. This time is George Harrison´s turn: here they come!... some of his WISEST, INSPIRATIONAL thoughts:

"Isn´t It A Pity?": ...“that not too many people think we are all the same...”

"All Things Must Pass": “...All things must pass, none of life's strings can last, so, I must be on my way and face another day...”


“Beware Of Darkness”: “Watch out now, take care, beware of greedy leaders, they take you where you should not go”

“All Those Years Ago”: “...I'm talking all about how to give, they don't act with much honesty, but you point the way to the truth when you say: All you need is love.”

"Horse To The Water": “You can take a horse to the water, but you can´t make it drink...” 

"My Sweet Lord": “...I really want to see YOU...”


In my personal opinion, this song reflects how sorry and painful we are as human beings, when we see and hear things that should not be happening.

"Isn´t It A Pity?"

"Isn't it a pity
Isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity...
And because of all their tears
Your eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them
Now, isn't it a pity"


Most of the times I accept life, its beginning and end as well as reality more naturally than some other people, and I know I do not have all that strength myself, it is God who makes me strong in moments of darkness:

"All Things Must Pass"

"Sunrise doesn't last all morning
A cloudburst doesn't last all day
Seems my love is up and has left you with no warning
Its not always going to be this grey.
All things must pass
All things must pass away"




This version of the following song "Beware Of Darkness" is a live performance. George´s "Concert For Bangladesh" at MSG in New York in 1971, was the first-ever benefit concert of such a magnitude and organized to raise international awareness and fund relief efforts for refugees. The soulful voice of Leon Russell and the sound of Eric Clapton´s guitar add some uplifting spirit to it.



This makes me reflect and I think that we, teachers, should try to be the "first best ever educators" in our students´ lives and spread our word, practice empathy, raise awareness, be contagious and inspirational in the wisest possible way. Teaching my students positivism, to be optimistic, to learn how to find their talents is all that counts for me.




"Beware Of Darkness"

"...Beware of sadness
It can hit you
It can hurt you
Make you sore and what is more
That´s not what we are here for..."




George wrote a tribute song to John, and I think, like Harrison said: "Living with good and bad, we always look up to you", meaning there is good and bad in every human being: it is our essence, we cannot help it, we must try to just tailor the good and suppress the bad as much as we can which is absolutely a hard task, though.

“All Those Years Ago”

"...We're living in a bad dream
They've forgotten all about mankind
And you were the one they backed up to the wall
All those years ago
You were the one who Imagined it all
All those years ago.
They've forgotten all about God, 
He's the only reason we exist
Yet you were the one that they said was so weird
All those years ago
You said it all though not many had ears
All those years ago..."




"Horse To The Water": Lead vocals by Sam Brown give special energy to  this powerful phrase and song:

"You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink
Oh no, oh no, oh no...You can have it all layed/staked out in front
of you but it still don't make you think..."






My strength comes from the Lord I trust , so with all respect, no matter your beliefs, we all need some special power to keep us afloat in this almost sunken or somewhat drowning world.

"My Sweet Lord":

"...I really want to know you
Really want to go with you 
Really want to show you Lord 
That it won't take long, my Lord..." 










No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario