2/21/2015

30 Goals Challenge for Teachers: Goal 1 Support a Movement

Since I joined the virtual community of educators around the globe, my life as a teacher, no matter how experienced I was back then, has changed tremendously. I have blogged about my experience as an exchange educator which, I think, was my first big step into a surprising, exciting and unlimited world of opportunities.

Later on, one of my closest friends convinced me to browse different websites for teachers, so I started to connect online, I took one virtual course and one day, by navigating this huge online universe, I discovered the wonderful Shelly Sanchez Terrell, for whom I do not have words to describe.

After Shelly´s invitation to join the 30 Goals Challenge for Educators, my dear friend and colleague Sylvia Guinan nominated me to be the next teacher to be interviewed, Shelly´s comments and all the feedback I got after my talk with her, took me to another "galaxy". That kind of connection was exactly what I needed at that time: moments of feeling depressed, empty and unfulfilled after coming back to live and teach in my home country, as hard as it may sound: the real truth.

Becoming a better educator, a BETTER CONNECTED EDUCATOR, a real 21st Century Educator are my movements.


Infographic by Mia Mac Meekin
Inspire and influence one person at a time, as my dear friend Debora Tebovich mentioned master Chuck Sandy ´s words, are my movements.





Caring and Sharing are my movements.


Image credit: Unique Teaching Resources

Be part of communities such as #30GoalsEDU, iTDi, Tics en el Aula, Cambridge English TeacherThe Learning Revolution, VIF Alumni Global AmbassadorsAPIBA among others, are my movements.



Gratitude and thankfulness are my movements.




And more to come... writing another blog post for Barbara Hoskins´Teaching Village, become a blogger at iTDi (Chuck and Barbara so generously already appointed me as Mentor, and I feel I can still do and give more!), attending FAAPI or IATEFL´s conferences are my next moves... and which is/are your movement (s)? 
Comments appreciated. 





No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario